Top 10 World’s Richest Persons 2010 – 2011
January 21, 2011 Leave a comment
From the year 1995 to 2007 and again in the year 2009, Bill Gates, Chairman of the Microsoft company, had been the richest man in the world. But in the past year, he was pushed to the second position by the Chairman of Telmex, America Movil, Carlos Slim Helu, from Mexico. According to Forbes, since April 2010, Carlos Slim Helu is the richest person in the world, followed by Bill Gates.
List of Richest People in the World
1. Carlos Slim Helu (Telecom, Mexico)
Telecom tycoon who has done privatization of Mexico’s national telephone company in the 1990s becomes world’s richest person for first time after coming in third place last year. Carlos Slim Helu has the property of $53.5 billion.
Born in Mexico City in Mexico in the year 1940, Carlos Slim was the son of Julian Slim Haddad and Linda Helu. He was the youngest of his six siblings. He was an engineering student of National Autonomous University of Mexico and by the age of 26 years, due his correct speculations in the stock market and the real estate, his net worth was USD 40 million. Later on he went ahead to become the vice president of Mexican Stock Exchange and then the president of the Mexican Association of Brokerage Houses. He was also the first president of the Latin American Committee of New York Stock Exchange Administration Council and between the year 1996 to 1998, he bought the Mexican telephone company, TELMEX.
Here are some of his other achievements in brief.
* Built a huge Mexican financial industrial conglomerate called the Grupo Carso which controlled some of the other companies like Mixup, Cigatam, Condumex, Sears Mexico, Sanborns and also the Grupo Hotelero Hostam. It also indirectly controlled the CompUSA which was an electronics retail chain.
* He was also a part of the Board of Directors of the Altria Group and the Alcatel. He resigned from Altria Group in the year 2006. Presently he is the member of the Board of Directors for Philip Morris International.
* In order to devote more time to the World Education and Development Fund, the richest man in the world, 2010, Carlos Slim Helu, resigned as a member of the Board of Directors of SBC Communications in the year 2004.
* Now, he is the Chairman of Telefonos de Mexico, America Movil and Grupo Financiero Inbursa.
* March 2010, Forbes Magazine declared Carlos Slim Helu to be the richest person in the world. He had an estimated wealth of USD 53.5 billion and he was declared to be wealthier than Bill Gates and he was also the first Mexican to be on the top of the list.
2. Bill Gates (Microsoft, U.S )
Software visionary is now the world’s second-richest man. Net worth still up $13 billion in a year as Microsoft shares rose 50% in 12 months, value of investment vehicle Cascade swelled.
3.Warren Buffett (Investments, U.S.)
America’s favorite investor up $10 billion in past 12 months on surging Berkshire Hathaway shares; says U.S. has survived economic “Pearl
Harbor,” but warns recovery will be slow.
4. Mukesh Ambani (Petrochemicals, oil and gas, India)
His Reliance Industries, already India’s most valuable company, recently bid $2 billion for 65% stake in troubled Canadian oil sands outfit Value Creations.
5. Lakshmi Mittal (Steel, India)
London’s richest resident oversees Arcelor Mittal, world’s largest steel maker. Net profits fell 75% in 2009.
6. Lawrence Ellison (Oracle, U.S. )
Oracle founder’s fortune continues to soar; shares up 70% in past 12 months. Database giant has bought 57 companies in the past five years.
7. Bernard Arnault (Luxury goods, France)
Bling is back, helping fashion icon grab title of richest European as shares of his luxury goods outfit LVMH–maker of Louis Vuitton, Moet & Chandon–surge 57%.
8. Eike Batista (Mining, oil. Brazil)
Vowing to become world’s richest man–and he may be on his way. This year’s biggest gainer added $19.5 billion to his personal balance sheet.
9. Amancio Ortega (Fashion retail, Spain)
Style maven lords over Inditex; fashion firm, which operates under several brand names including Zara, Massimo Dutti and Stradivarius, has 4,500 stores in 73 countries including new spots in Mexico and Syria.
10. Karl Albrecht (Supermarkets, Germany)
Owns discount supermarket giant Aldi Sud, one of Germany’s (and Europe’s) dominant grocers. Has 1,000 stores in U.S. across 29 states.
- Forest Spiral Building
- Pools you’ll probably never swim in [Kolam Renang yg mungkin tidak akan pernah bisa anda coba]
- The bears are back in town
- Night sky of the underground [Langit di dalam gua]
- Ngintip Cara Kerja Paparazzi
- The 20 Most Romantic Islands of the World
- Winter Storm Turns Lighthouse Into An Ice Castle [Badai Salju musim dingin, merubah Mercusuar menjadi Kastil Es]
- Nungwi Beach is one of the best summer vacation places [Salah satu surga dunia]