Forest Spiral Building
February 14, 2011 Leave a comment
Built in Darmstadt, Germany, this structure is called Waldspirale or “Forest Spiral.” It was designed by Friedensreich Hundertwasser, a celebrated Austrian architect and painter.
The Waldspirale apartment building is located in Darmstadt’s Bürgerparkviertel. It contains 105 apartments, a parking garage, a kiosk as well as a café and a bar (the last two being located at the top of the spiral). The inner courtyard contains a playground for the children of the residents and a small artificial lake. Peculiarities of the U-shaped building are the unique facade, which does not follow a regular grid organization, and the windows, which appear as if they were “aus der Reihe tanzen,” (dancing out of line) everywhere different and appearing out of order, often with ‘tree tenants’ – trees growing out from the windows. The diagonal roof, planted with grass, shrubs, flowers and trees, rises like a ramp along the U-form. At its highest point, the building has 12 floors.
From the outside, the typical elements of Hundertwasser’s personal style attract attention: the gilded onion domes, the absence of straight lines and sharp corners, the multicoloured painting of the building in earth tones and the colourful ceramic columns.
Apartemen Waldspiral, terletak di Darmstadt’s Bürgerparkviertel Jerman. Bangunan ini terdiri dari 105 apartemen, tempat parkir, cafe dan bar. Di halaman di dalam gedung terdapat lapangan bermain untuk anak2, dan danau buatan yang kecil. Jika dilihat dari atas, bangunan ini sebenarnya berbentuk huruf U.
- Forest Spiral Building
- Pools you’ll probably never swim in [Kolam Renang yg mungkin tidak akan pernah bisa anda coba]
- The bears are back in town
- Night sky of the underground [Langit di dalam gua]
- Ngintip Cara Kerja Paparazzi
- The 20 Most Romantic Islands of the World
- Winter Storm Turns Lighthouse Into An Ice Castle [Badai Salju musim dingin, merubah Mercusuar menjadi Kastil Es]
- Nungwi Beach is one of the best summer vacation places [Salah satu surga dunia]